A Letter to the International Students
Date: October 8, 2020
Dear international students of YVCT,
The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted the normal production, living and study of people in most countries and regions of the world. The health and safety of all international students is always an important concern of the college. The teachers of the college miss and care about you all very much every day. We do hope you are all fine!
At present, China has achieved great initial victory in the control of the epidemic, but the prevention and control is still grim and complex. In order to ensure the safety and health of students, the college puts forward following suggestions:
1. Reinforce learning knowledge and information about pneumonia related to new coronavirus infection, do not believe rumors, do not spread rumors, do not panic, and conduct scientific prevention and control and work together to do a good job in epidemic prevention and control .
2.Try to reduce unnecessary travel, try to cancel travel, visit relatives and other plans. When you go 0ut, wear a mask, and try to reduce to closed and poorly ventilated public places, hospitals, stations, shopping malls and other crowded places.
3. Wash hands and ventilation frequently, pay attention to personal protection, and pay attention to personal and environmental hygiene; Do not spit, sneeze or cough with paper towels or elbow cover the mouth and nose, after use of paper towels, masks should be sealed and discarded in the hazardous garbage box.
4. Reasonable rest during the period at home, avoid staying up late and excessive fatigue, ensure sleep; Eat a light diet, drink lots of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Do moderate physical exercise to improve physical fitness.
5．Avoid contact with wild animals and refuse to eat wild animals; Reduced exposure to live livestock and poultry; Food must be raw and cooked separately and thoroughly.
6. If fever, fatigue, dry cough and other suspected symptoms occur, go to the public medical in stitutions with fever outpatient service in a timely manner, and take the initiative to inform the doctors of the epidemic areas history of flowor contact with cases. If you are told by the department of disease control to be a close contact, suspected case or confirmed pneumonia with new coronavirus infection, please do not panic, actively cooperate with screening, isolation and treatment, and immediately report the infection or close contact to the school truthfully.
7. Personal protection of COVID-19 is most important thing for all of you, The college also hopes that students will be conscious, confident, self-disciplined, and self-strengthening during the epidemic and that their learning attitude will not be relaxed and their learning standards will not be lowered. We hope that students will consciously carry motto of the YVCT “Rich in Knowledge; Tenacious of Purpose; Adept in Skills and Practice”and implement the autonomous learning, facing the difficulties and cherishing every moment of the glorious youth. To keep on participating in the online teaching activities held by the college for all students to ensure that your studies are not affected by the epidemic; to keep on communicating with head teachers, lecturers of the faculties concerned through WeChat to learn about the relevant arrangements of the college; and to keep on staying home waiting for the notice of returning to the college.
Dear all, although the epidemic is terrible, but we must firmly believe that, as long as we take scientific prevention and control together with mutual assistance, mutual encouragement, mankind must be able to achieve the final victory.
Finally, thank you for your further cooperation and looking forward to meeting you in the beautiful campus of Yunnan Vacational College of Transportation in the near future.
Please contact the college in case of emergency: International College of Yunnan Vocational College of Transportation
Yunnan Vocational College of Transportation